Try Not to ‘Lash Out’ - Strip Lashes vs. Individual Lashes
Image Source: @Ardellbeauty
Looking to put a little oomph in your aesthetic? Full luscious lashes can be exactly what you need to give your look that extra edge. Unfortunately, mascara can sometimes make lashes weak and brittle over time. Luckily, falsies are here to save the day! False eyelashes can serve as an alternative to reduce impact on your natural lashes, helping them grow healthier and thicker. But when speaking of fake lashes, should you wear strips or individuals? To make a long story short – yes. Yes, you should wear both. Hear me out.
- Versatile due to availability in a range of colors and lengths
- No damage to your natural lashes
- Great if your natural lashes are thinning or spotting
- Can appear bulky if not applied properly
- One size fits all, so you may need to cut the strip to custom fit your lash line
- They should be taken off before bed and shouldn’t get wet
- More subtle
- More control over how thick or thin the lash line is and easier to blend
- Typically lasts longer
- More difficult to apply
- Extended use can cause damage to your natural lashes
Falsies can add volume and make your eyes have that wide and bright look. When applied properly, fake lashes will blend in with your natural lashes. As you can see, both individual lashes and strip lashes have their pros and cons. Ultimately, it’s best to give your lashes a rest in between individual lash installs to avoid damaging your natural lashes. Occasionally alternating between individual lashes and strip lashes is a great way to give your lashes a much-needed break, while still turning heads. No need to lash out. Visit your local beauty supply store, and get to the glam!