My Healthy Lips
This day in time many people are hoping to achieve large full lips but what about the health of the your lips. THINK ABOUT IT!. Your lips are the gateway to your internal organs. As such they may need a little more attention sometimes to make sure they are supple and healthy.
Here are some tips to promote healthy lips:
1. Exfoliate your lips periodically: Prior to going to bed, you may want to apply a good quality lip balm. Tgin's Shea Butter Peppermint Lip Balm is ideal because it is made of natural ingredients and doesn't contain petroleum like other mass marked brands. When you wake up the next morning, simply use your damp washcloth or a toothbrush to gently remove any dead or dry skin from your lips.The exfoliation process will help boost circulation to your lips.
2. Hydration: Water!Water!Water! One of the main causes of dry skin is insufficient amount of water consumption. If possible, you should aim for approximately 8 glasses of 8 ounces of water per day.Water can be the cure for several issues that occurs in the body.
3. Avoid certain beauty products: READ THE LABELS! Beauty products for your lips that contain camphor can actually dry your lips.Plus you don't want to use any expired products. If possible, focus on lip products that contain Glycerin, Vitamin E, Shea Butter and Coconut Oil that will protect your lips from heat and pollution.
4. Protect your lips from the sun. We are generally more apt to apply sunscreen to our faces but we need to ensure that we apply sunscreen to our lips, Your lips are sensitive. They can be damaged by harmful Ultra Violet rays. You want to apply a lip balm with a SPF 15 minimum daily. Be sure to apply lip balm even on cloudy and cold days.
5. Prepare lips before applying makeup. Whenever you want to apply any makeup, it's a good idea to apply primer first. The primer will help to stop your lips from drying out before makeup is applied. Some makeup brands have lip primers as a part of their collection. If a lip primer isn't available, you could use natural coconut oil or almond oil. as primer.
6. Always remove your makeup prior to bed. You should not sleep in your makeup. It isn't good for your skin. You need to properly cleanse you lips night.